“Shakeout” is a Caribbean term for an all natural (usually plant based) hair mask that you make for yourself. It’s typically not sold in stores; it’s more like a fresh recipe you follow. It’s basically an herb tea or a green smoothie for your hair, depending on how you make it. Our Shakeout just requires some water or conditioner depending on your hair type and preference.
✅ A typical shakeout recipe typically requires crushing raw Aloe Vera leaves and applying it to your hair or locs in a mask form.
✅ A shakeout hair mask is different from your average hair mask because it’s compatible with ALL natural hair types AND LOCS.
✅ You can’t really apply clay or conditioner hair masks to your locs because build up occurs and we don’t want that so the Aloe Shakeout is a must in loc and haircare.
🧪Product Works Well With🧪
- Not typically sold in stores!
- Can be made 2 different ways for locs and or loose natural hair.
- Compatible with ALL natural hair types AND LOCS.
- Has a WAY LONGER shelf life compared to your average one-time-use-only shakeouts.
- Designed to leave your locs/hair refreshed, clean, soft, and shiny after one use.
- Tames frizz.
- Helps mature starter locs (6 months or less)
- Naturally softens strands from within.
- Helps with itchy or inflamed scalp.
- Scalp stimulator for hair growth aid.
- Naturally brings out the luster in hair.
Locs OR Hair:
- Add 2 tablespoons of Aloe Shakeout to one 16 oz bottle of water.
- Screw the cover back on the bottle then shake hard to combine ingredients with water.
- Apply entire contents to your locs/hair and scalp.
- Wrap with plastic and towel and leave in for a minimum of 45 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly and shampoo.
- Recommended Use: Biweekly or once a month.
- In a separate bowl, gradually add 2 tablespoons of Aloe Shakeout to a generous amount of your favorite hair conditioner.
- Mix well and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Apply your Aloe Shakeout mask all over your scalp and hair and massage in.
- Wrap with a plastic wrap and towel and leave in for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly and shampoo and condition.
- Recommend Use: Biweekly or once a month.
- Aloe Vera Powder: adds moisture and conditions the hair, nourishes new growth, soothes and heals an irritated scalp, helps stimulate growth and balances ph of the scalp.
- Rose Petal Powder: cleanses the scalp by getting rid of extra sebum and dead skin cells. Relieves dandruff. Improves blood circulation to the scalp. Keeps the hair and scalp hydrated.
- DAG AloeGyul Herbs Powder: stimulates hair growth and helps with overall hair management.
- Chebe Powder: moisturizes and conditions the hair. It also strengthens the hair and helps lock in moisture to retain length.
- Lemon Juice Powder: lemon is rich in vitamin c which helps in the production of collagen and boosts hair growth. It also stimulates hair follicles, which encourages hair growth and can aid in controlling hair loss.
- Organic Baking Soda: helps to remove any buildup of oils, soaps, and other ingredients in typical hair care products. By stripping away this buildup, baking soda can leave hair squeaky-clean, shiny, and soft.
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Powder: with its acidic base, it helps balance the pH of your scalp's acid mantle and close hair cuticles. Flatter cuticles not only means smoother, softer hair but also way shinier hair, since light reflects off of smooth, seamless surfaces.
- Mango Essential Oil: known to hydrate and smoothen hair.